Saturday, September 5, 2020

 Dear Comrades, Com.Amithji is no more! 


Com.Amithji of Kolkata, Our leading light of AIBSNLEA who from its inception and in every stage of its growth put his impression in our hearts is no more! In every conference we met, his role was noteworthy and his guidance threw light over any crisis so that we could come out safely and carry forward our AIBSNLEA flag uninterruptedly. His concern over Tamilnadu and Chennai, when I was elected Circle Secretary of Tamilnadu as our organisation was betrayed again is to be ever remembered. When we met in subsequent Meeting either of CWC or AIC, he was very particular about the membership. While we showed the increase in membership, he appreciated us and at the same time he, on his over enthusiasm, verified with the quota received by the CHQ to determine the correct membership. 


His interest on organisational issues helped strengthen our organisation and on our demands, make our AIBSNLEA come around proudly. He was behind every success of our organization. He was  particularly behind Com. Prahladji for his untiring works and an inspiration to all the activists of AIBSNLEA who dedicatedly involved themselves for the growth of our Organisation.


Fortunately I had a chance to have interacted with him after the result on MVP came out. He was the only person openly coming out with constructive criticism without any delay just because of his deep sorrow and commitment towards our AIBSNLEA. His suggestions put forth reflected his involvement and the concern over the revival of AIBSNLEA despite its poor performance in MVP. 


My sharing of views over pension revision and pensioners' association still remain undeleted in the whatsapp group I had with him. Just three days back, I again shared my views with him. Though I contacted after about 6 months, he started responding immediately. The time was 1030 PM. Though I knew that his health condition was not good, in the interest of our organisation, I rang up. Unlike some leaders, he answered within no minutes. We conversed for about half an hour. I asked him when he went to bed. Laughingly but with tiredness in his voice, he told that he awakened just to read the views I sent to him. I felt very much and wept at seeing the reply he sent. He mentioned that he was very weak and could not function as before. When we finished our talks, the clock showed 1230 beyond midnight. I thought that his health condition may be somewhat improved. If I knew his deteriorating health well in advance, I would not have tortured him in the midnight.


This is Amithji! A rare soul our Organisation ever had. Let us share our grief and sorrow with his family and with our Comrades in whose memories, he will remain ever undiminished!


Let us bid farewell to the great leader!


N.Veerapandian,

Ex.Circle Secretary,

AIBSNLEA,

Tamilnadu Circle

05.09.2020.


No comments:

Post a Comment